April 27, 2014

Coachella or not, what it takes to be concert ready!



Choachella wasn't so long ago and I have the feeling that people all over the world see it as an important event although most of them won't be there. Coachella greatly affects the fashion industry as it is recognisable by fashion choices of its visitors. Many blogs, magazines, and shows discuss Coachella outfits long before and after the festival, streetstyle brands produce collections with special Coachella vibe to it, people all around the globe get inspired...

Just around Coachella I went to H&M to check out what's new after a long time. You couldn't notice it at the very entrance but as soon as I reached the Divided section I felt it, the Coachella style! Everything was full of lace, fringes, earthy and pastel tones... It breathed hot (as in style and weather) and summer, but right there where I was it was neither! It was barely spring, rainy spring.

Couple of items drawn my attention but than I realised that I don't live in a freaking California and I won't be going to a desert, I also won't have Florida spring brakes so there is no point in getting any of those items. Then I gave it a second thought, thinking about my summer. Again, I realised that my summer will probably be in totally different mood and that lacy cropped top won't be worn enough to pay back what I invested in it.

Bummer.
Fingers crossed that one day I'll actually go to Coachella festival or change my desire to go there.


On the other hand, I went to a concert this weekend and it was held in concert hall, not in the open, and the weather wasn't that nice so I was kind of limited about my outfit choice. I love creative looks for concerts, but this doesn't give you much to work with. When going to concerts, I prefer to be in the standing area because it gives space to dance and I belive you experience the whole thing on much more personal level. I also like to get as close to the stage as I can, but who doesn't?

In order to decide what to wear, I formed a certain rules of puttin up The Outfit:

Choose shoes and work from there, they have to be comfortable and funtional, avoid open toes or something similar because there is a great probability that someone will step on you and this way it hurts less.

  • I chose black combat boots for this oppertunity because of the weather, comfort, and the way they look.


Always wear something you feel comfortable in but suitable to the weather outside or situation inside (if the concert is not in the open). Or combination of both if needed.

  • Here I opted between black pants and dark red jeans. Decided for black option for the bottom part and grey tee for the top part. I always recommend lighter colours on top because it's highly probable you'll sweat, sweating is less noticeable on lighter clothes (and black).


Layers might help. It could be hot anyway, you should be able to adjust as much as possible.

  • As i said, I decided on white tee and topped it with denim blue jacket, one of my favourite spring pieces.


Small bag! It won't be in the way and you'll have everything needed at your side.

  • You  are already introduced to my fringed bag from few posts ago ;)


Easy makeup. As I mentioned, it gets hot and you don't want your makeup running down your face, it should make you look good, not bad or worse.

Simple hair. It will probably be crowded and crowd messes up any hairstyle. Always bring hair elastic along if you have a half long or long hair you decided to let down, just in case.


Dodaj naslov

I can't wait for summer concerts, short dresses, open back, shorts, flowy tops... 
Have you ever been to Coachella? What do you think about Coachella? Would you like to go to Coachella?
How do you dress for concerts? Do you have any tips?
Share with me ;)
Love, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment